32nd annual Canada Day at Canada Place features food, fireworks and family fun
Entertainment and activities announced for largest Canada Day celebration in Western Canada
Canada Place today announced its lineup of entertainment and activities for the 32nd annual Canada Day at Canada Place, the largest Canada Day celebration outside the nation’s capital.
The stunning waterfront venue covers five city blocks and will include the indoor and outdoor spaces at Canada Place, Jack Poole Plaza and surrounding city streets.
Canada’s 152nd birthday party will feature a full day of festivities, great food, family fun and fireworks that will celebrate our nation’s values, innovation and diversity. Getting things under way at 9:30 a.m. is the traditional Citizenship Ceremony that will welcome 60 new Canadians to our multicultural family. At 11:00 a.m., all zones and exhibits, including the Main Stage, will open with great entertainment and activities for guests of all ages. Event highlights will include:
- Daytime event performances: Featuring terrific musical acts and dance performances that reflect the talent and diversity of Canada itself, with headliners Delhi 2 Dublin closing out the day.
- Coast Capital Savings Youth Zone: Located on the North Point of Canada Place, this zone will feature a lineup of fantastic music from artists including headliner Dirty Radio.
- Canadian Forces Zone (Hall B): Incredible displays and interactive exhibits that honour Canada’s Army, Navy, and Air Force.
- Innovation Zone: The Innovation Zone provides a peek into the future through displays, exhibits, and inspirational talks from some of the most interesting and forward-thinking organizations around.
- Kids’ Zone (Hall A): New for this year, the Kids’ Zone will feature a ton of activities to keep the kids entertained. Featuring emcee and music by Rock’N’Beau, and an epic mascot dance-off!
- Picnic Plaza: Picnic tables, buskers and family-friendly activities.
- Food trucks: Experience the great multi-cultural tastes of Canada.
- Fireworks: Vancouver’s only two-barge simultaneous pyrotechnic extravaganza, viewable from Vancouver’s waterfront and the North Shore, with tickets (and best viewing) available at the family-friendly Fireworks Viewing Zone.
The 32nd Annual Canada Day at Canada Place event is presented by Port of Vancouver and made possible thanks to the generous support of partners including: The Department of Canadian Heritage and the Government of Canada, Canadian Forces, Coast Capital Savings, Air North, Yukon’s Airline, the Vancouver Convention Centre, Skyllen Pacific Real Estate, Downtown Vancouver Business Improvement Association (DVBIA), City of Vancouver, WestPark, District of West Vancouver, and Seaspan. Media partners include Global BC, The Vancouver Sun, The Province, CFOX, Global News Radio 980 CKNW, Rock 101, Daily Hive and OMNI Television.
Interested in being part of the largest Canada Day celebration outside of Ottawa? Canada Day at Canada Place in Vancouver is looking for performers, volunteers and exhibitors to be part of the 32nd annual celebration. Join over 250,000 of your fellow Canadians and share your national pride!
Every year, more than 250 volunteers help welcome over 250,000 guests who take part in the free event festivities organized around Canada Place. Volunteering is a great way to build experience, get involved in your community, meet new people and show your Canadian pride. Volunteers must be at least 16 years old.
Volunteer positions are needed for the following areas:
- Information Kiosks
- Site Maintenance
- Line Monitors / Ushers
- Stagehands and Runners
- Talent / Volunteer Assistants
- Citizenship Ceremony Assistants
Help create a memorable and fun experience for over 250,000 event attendees! Partner with Canada Day at Canada Place as a sponsor or host an experiential marketing booth to showcase your brand.
For more information on these participation opportunities, please visit www.canadaplace.ca/canadaday.
More information is available at https://www.canadaplace.ca/events/canada-day/
About Canada Place:
Canada Place at the Port of Vancouver is an internationally-recognized landmark and venue for world-class events and inspirationally Canadian experiences. For the last 32 years Canada Place has served as a hub for national celebrations. Canada Place is also Vancouver’s cruise terminal and homeport for Alaskan cruise itineraries, and it houses Vancouver Convention Centre East, Pan Pacific Hotel, FlyOver Canada, World Trade Centre and WestPark. The Vancouver Fraser Port Authority manages the Port of Vancouver and is the owner and operator of Canada Place.
Share this story: