Canada Day at Canada Place has been western Canada’s premier Canada Day event for over 30 years, bringing communities together to share our special bond of living in one of the greatest countries in the world and celebrating our freedom, values and diversity.
This award-winning event, presented by the Port of Vancouver, is the largest Canada Day celebration outside our nation’s capital.
- Date: July 1
- Location: Canada Place and surrounding city streets
2018 Event highlights
- Daytime event featuring performances by Kutapira, Early Spirit, En Karma, Leisure Club, Weaves, and many more
- Main stage headliner performance by JoJo Mason
- Citizenship Ceremony welcoming 60 new Canadians
- Coast Capital Savings Youth Zone
- Canadian Forces Zone with incredible displays and interactive exhibits
- Innovation Zone
- Canada On Screen featuring videos from the National Film Board of Canada
- Picnic Plaza with picnic tables and family-friendly activities
- Food trucks
- Fireworks Show
Canada Day at Canada Place is the best way to celebrate our nation’s birthday!
Important information about the Canada Day Parade
Please note that after careful consideration, in 2018 we made the difficult decision to no longer host the Canada Day parade. As overall costs continue to increase for such a large event, we chose to focus our resources on the core elements of Canada Day at Canada Place to ensure we can continue to produce the best possible event for all attendees. It has been a privilege to provide this parade for the community since 2009.