War of 1812 Experience
Now open on the Canadian Trail at Canada Place!
| Made possible by the Department of National Heritage
Monday to Wednesday: 12 pm (noon) to 5 pm
Thursday to Sunday: 10 am to 5 pm
The War of 1812 Experience at Canada Place commemorates the 200th anniversary of one of the major milestones on Canada’s road to becoming an independent country. Canada would not exist as we know it today had the American invasion of 1812-1814 not been deterred. The War of 1812 laid the foundation for Confederation and the cornerstones of many of Canada’s political institutions. Experience it!
The War of 1812 Experience at Canada Place is free to visitors, bringing our nation’s history to life and interactively demonstrating how our past helped shape the world we live in today.
Teachers: Register your class for a free school program!
- The War of 1812 Experience at Canada Place is located on The Canadian Trail, Canada Place’s famed Promenade.
- The Experience begins with interactive components highlighting the start of the War and the spectacular battles over water.
- The Experience moves into an interior space featuring an immersive attraction transporting guests right to the battlefields of 1812.
- Period costumed staff and interactive kiosks provide guests an opportunity to delve deeper into the details of the war and its legacy.
- This exciting free public exhibit has been made possible by the Department of Canadian Heritage who are supporting this initiative through their 1812 Commemoration Fund.
- War of 1812 Experience will run for 21 months and will conclude in March 2014. A comprehensive free school program will be available for classes beginning in October 2012.